JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by TuxyDoh: 10/2/2026 3:02:14 PM
7

Current vanguard engram system needs to be buffed

This will likely never happen but running 15 strikes just to get 1 engram is going to burn your remaining players out. When i started thinking last night of how long it would take just to get one set of armor with the stats I need from Zavala I got immediately sewered out and just shut the game off. We really need other ways of getting the vanguard engrams. Make them a random drop from doing activities or add them to the chest loot pool. The entire community would agree with this change and it’s not a hard thing to implement. Game is at an end, at least give us this with the unvaulting. [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been updated with tags that are more appropriate. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic, for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • What they also need to do aside from buffing the vanguard engram drop rate is change the armor sets you can farm from the vanguard ops activites. All I ever see if Lumniopotent Set and while I have a build with this specific armor set already. I find the older armor sets like Smoke Jumper, Ferropotent, Techsec etc. really fun sets with really good armor bonuses. The fact that you have to farm countless Master Lost Sectors to fill up your post master. Then pray to the RNG gods that you get the armor piece you want with the stats you want is just too time consuming. Bungie definitely got some work to do now that they’re back.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Edited by Griever: 10/3/2026 5:22:23 PM
    It also doesn't help that probably the only weapons you'll spend the engrams on all require 3 each. I don't care about vanguard armor, the only armors that I can think of a good or fun build for are Eutechnology and Bushido (running with a Threadling build on Hunter with Wishkeeper), and I can grind one of those on my own terms more or less. But the weapons? I'm still trying to get a roll on Warden's Law just for old time's sake with perpetual motion and kill clip, but I swear neither perk is dropping. I don't particularly care for any of the other weapons because I can either grind those normally or I already have better. I mean compare PvE and pvp rolls for Felwinter to Mindbender and tell me which you think is better?

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • I wish I could give you mine. I'm sitting on like 15. Probably will never use them

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    • I want some weapons he sells but after grinding activities only for 1 to drop after several ones I stopped grinding and decided to get them as they come and run a few activities then stop whether I get any or not.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Edited by The Ashen Ranger: 10/3/2026 8:14:43 AM
      The best way to get the older armour sets that Zavala has is actually to farm Master Lost Sectors with your engrams full. When you complete a Lost Sector with your engrams full, the loot gets sent to your postmaster as engrams, and then if you decrypt them in the Tower, they decrypt as World Loot, instead of Destination Loot, which means you can farm for Smoke Jumper, Techsec, and Ferropotent that way. It's MASSIVELY more efficient than farming Vanguard activities. P.S. For Swordmaster and Bushido gear, wait till Xur is selling it on weekends. You can change your Armourer ghost mod to change the stats of the armour he sells, so that can help you get the Swordmaster and Bushido rolls you're looking for more easily.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      3 Replies
      • Yeah I'm wanting to make a few Tech Set armor sets but it feels impossible because you get no engrams for doing Vanguard activities. Running them on higher tiers doesn't up the ante either. I think it's a bug causing this.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • 1
        eliteg
        eliteg

        moar engrims / m17nerf - old

        I completely agree... it makes arena/solo/pinnacle/fireteam... just way less interesting... they need to buff that and drifter engrams in Gambit... thing is they said they already did buff from their original plan (if I recall correctly)... maybe a chance as I keep hearing there is some development/surprise stuff goin on potentially for D2 (beyond unvaulting)

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon