Seasonal stories especially are extremely important to the story and without them the game would still feel incomplete. New players would still get confused by the story because Crow will just appear out of nowhere in the Final Shape, entering the Pale Heart will not make sense, most villains will come out of nowhere and seem way less important (especially Calus and Maya), Savathuun will go from being dead in Witch Queen to being alive in the Final Shape, Amanda Holiday will just be dead off screen, Saint-14 will go from being dead in Curse of Osiris to suddenly being alive in the tower, etc. An abridged quest line for each season with all of the missions (maybe get rid of the sever missions from odd numbered weeks, as they are redundant gameplay wise) and exotic quests should be enough (a legendary campaign would be neat too). The exotic quests should return too because of progression (unlocking everything from the kiosk is not a good method of progression) and many of them have important lore. Also some of these missions are just really well designed and should be experienced by every player. Lastly, I know some have been suggesting only bringing back the cutscenes, but I believe that will feel like a cop-out to anyone trying to play the story. People need to actually experience these important stories for their overall understanding and enjoyment of the game and its lore.
-
3 RepliesA lot of the seasons post BL should be as simple as flipping a switch in theory.
-
2 RepliesEdited by Polpadare: 10/2/2026 1:12:21 AMThat is what I missed entirely. No game should ever be designed like this again. I would buy every season 15 dollars a pop now if it was offered now. Time gated content is just stupid and the franchise should steer enough away from this live service model to actual make some money. I think I bought whatever came with forsaken though a deluxe edition never had time to play. Then the next i got was whatever the moon one was, and i barely played it. I actually got to play wish. Then it became episodes and i got to buy and play those. The whole model was a mess. And I am sure whatever idiot came up with it walked away rich. Garbage game design. I was looking forward to playing the activities from heresy again because they made it sound like they realized this model sucks but they didn’t. I want to play court of oryx again and the other activities. But I rented that I guess and I can’t rent it again
-
They know all this my guy. They’ve known all along that the seasonal model was an atrocious way to tell a story.
-
2 RepliesDidn't they already confirm the seasonal content wouldn't be coming back?
-
I hope they bring back what they can when they can... Even in an abridged version would be better than not at all... Post...
-
Edited by Eva UNIT 03 S2: 10/1/2026 4:54:42 PMI will also say, for all the seasons that were post beyond light, they should make those an optional download. They removed the -blam!- from the game, but it’s not like they delete the code. Obviously you’d be playing it solo, but I see no reason to not have that content available. Most of that stuff went through the helm; it was modular to begin with, so make it where you select which season you want to play through, and go at it one by one. That’s the best I got. Edit: Make it legacy Destiny. No matchmaking, but you could create a fireteam if someone else had it downloaded. Don’t need to update the loot pools, because it was patterns, but have it completely separate from the main game. Then create a little tab that shows where the seasons fell between expansions. THAT’s all I got lol
-
I think the best we’d get (next to no chance) would be them using stills and narrating the seasons. A quick 2 minute recap for each. At least if it were in the game it would be something.
-
Zero chance anything seasonal returns.