JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Marathon will receive an update tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Marathon again after installing the update. Please stay tuned to @BungieServerStatus for updates.

#Networking

Edited by Cyb3rPunk76: 2/3/2015 9:53:12 PM
1

After change of the firewall only NAT Type 3 (Check Point Firewall) [solved]

Hi guys I don't know what I can else do. My old firewall (Fortigate) get broken. Unfortunatley the NAT isn't working with my new one (Checkpoint) anymore.Maybe you guys have some ideas. First of all, it is a real firewall (like my old one), not a home router. So I don't have UPnP and such things. On the old one I have forwarded (static NAT) the needed ports to the PS4. I've got NAT Type 2. On my new one I do the same, with the same ports. I only get NAT Type 3. If I analyze the traffic on the firewall with the sniffer, I see the firewall is translate the traffic from the external interface to the PS4. All looks good, but I still get NAT 2. There are also only a 2-4 packet drops, if I run the test. But I'm sure that's not the problem. I wasn't able to test voice chat yesterday. I'll also try to connect the PS4 directly to the internet, to see if I get NAT 1. Maybe my ISP has changed something, but I don't think so. That would be a huge coincidence... So I'm completly out of ideas... EDIT: I forgot to mention. It's not only Destiny told me I have NAT 3, it's the test on the PS4 itself. I'm not sure, but I think Destiny is taking only the information from the PS4 and not making an own NAT test. Thanks!

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Ok the problem is solved for me. Why? I don't know. How? Maybe an idea... I had contact with Playstation support, about the NAT problem. They told me I shall set the MTU to 1473 for LAN (or MTU 1476 for WiFi) on the PS4. I tried, but it didn't work. Waiting to answer, I changed the connection type from Lan to Wifi. Changed the IP on the firewall for the NAT, run the test -> NAT Type 2. Ok, the same way back to Lan, running the test -> NAT Type 2 I don't know why it's working now, but I suppose changing the connection type on the PS4 resets the local firewall or network stack (or something else). I asked Playstation support about this possibility. If I get an useful answer, i'll post it here. Maybe it helps someone to solve a NAT problem as well.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon