JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.
12/10/2013 11:01:06 AM
7

Melee Wepons

I saw plenty of enemies with a melee wepon like enegy blades, and I get it. Enemies have energy based (or not) stuff to hit people in the head with. Wheeeeee. But what about us? I am yet to see a player wield any type of melee wepon except for the time when the hunter pressed the "melee button" to get out a knife and cut a vadal's throat in the first destiny gameplay sneakpeak Vidoc. But I ain't talking about that puny knife. I'm talking about like an actuall melee wepon that people can pickup and cleave someone to death. The energy sword from halo would be a good example. Would there be any melee wepon available to players. Or are there gonna be any melee wepons. Let me know what you Bois think about it and post it in this forum. C'mon brahs, I'm excited to sever a limb or more. By the way, double wielding for the win.

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Edited by RoundHouseMastR: 12/12/2013 11:44:51 AM
    All these replies with info makes me HAPPY! Thanks guys! (or other genderers)

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • im ready for throwing knives.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Edited by Cypher Alpha: 12/11/2013 12:15:42 AM
    In Bungie's Thank You Video on YouTube, you can actually see a Hunter (they seem to show a lot of favoritism to that class) charge up his blade with glowing white-blue energy, and proceed to chain attacks and kill a group of Fallen in a blink of an eye. And I think in one of Bungie's Weekly Updates they teased swords? Nothing is actually officially confirmed about swords or other kinds of primary melee weapons yet, but I suppose it's quite likely that they'll include them.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    7 Replies
    • Each focus has a melee weapon. I doubt there will be anything beyond that.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Swords are pretty much confirmed and an equivalent to the gravity hammer has been mentioned before.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Yeah there's gotta be a few heavy hittin SOB Melee weapons. I doubt there will be anything close to the number of choices of guns though. And if you think about it, who's bringing a knife to a gun fight? Ill cut you down before you even get within range to hit me with it. Still, having an array of different Melee weapons would be cool.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      1 Reply
      • You're looking for a primary melee weapon, rather than a secondary melee weapon. I hope melee weapons stay secondary only.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon