Hello,
My main account is on playstation but I need help to deactivate the cross save on steam, because the account linked is too old, because of this
I am permanently stuck due to a "CannotAuthorize" error regarding my linked Steam account ("mandingonesal").
There is a server-side desync with this specific Steam account.
On the Cross Save page, Bungie recognizes the account and shows an Awoken Hunter linked to it.
However, when I attempt to log into Bungie.net directly using those exact Steam credentials, the system treats it as a completely empty account and asks me to "Create a new profile" or "Link an existing profile".
I even launched the game via Steam, and it asked me to create a new character from scratch.
Because the system reads my login as a blank account instead of the one holding the Hunter, it rejects my authentication on the Cross Save page.
Could you please force-unlink this bugged Steam account from my profile so I can finally disable Cross Save?
Thank you for your help.
-
1 ReplyHello there, Thank you very much for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with the Cross-Save feature. To look into this further, we can only suggest that you try creating a ticket through our [url=https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049024632-Contact-Form-Data-Privacy-Requests]Data Privacy Requests Contact Form[/url].
-
Hi there. Because you are getting the message on Bungie.net to link that account or create a new profile, this means you have an alt Steam account and the login credentials you are putting in do not match the login credentials of the account linked to your profile. Steam is the only platform that allows players to create multiple accounts using the same email, so if you are using email for your login, instead enter the unique profile name of your account. You need to enter the correct login for the account linked to your profile to deactivate Cross Save. Bungie will not forcefully deactivate it. If you're having trouble figuring out the correct login, see Steam Support for assistance.