Error Code WEASEL — Only Happens on My Main PC
I’m looking for help with a persistent **Error Code WEASEL** issue that occurs specifically on my main PC.
The most important detail is that Destiny 2 works normally on my other devices using the exact same internet connection and account:
* Secondary PC: Works normally
* PS5 #1: Works normally
* PS5 #2: Works normally
* Main PC: Consistently receives Error Code WEASEL
This happens every time I boot Destiny 2 and remain in the game for more than approximately 3 minutes.
When exactly does WEASEL happen?
The error occurs after I select my character and am sitting on the title screen/in-game, rather than immediately upon launching the game.
The pattern is extremely consistent:
1. Launch Destiny 2 on my main PC.
2. Select my character.
3. Sit at the title screen.
4. After approximately **3+ minutes**, I receive **Error Code WEASEL**.
5. This happens essentially **every time**.
Network information
*ISP: Xfinity
*NAT Type: Good
*Connection: [Ethernet]
*Affected device:Main PC
I have tested Destiny 2 on my other PC and both PS5s using the same Xfinity connection, and they do not experience this issue.
That makes me believe this is isolated to the affected PC rather than a general ISP, router, account, or internet connection problem.
Troubleshooting already completed
I have gone through Bungie’s recommended troubleshooting, including the advanced troubleshooting procedures.
I have also:
* Restarted Destiny 2.
* Restarted the PC.
* Power-cycled my networking equipment.
* Checked my internet connection.
* Verified my network configuration.
* Confirmed my NAT type is Good.
* Completed Bungie’s advanced troubleshooting.
* Tested the same account/network on another PC.
* Tested the same account/network on both PS5s.
* Cleared my loadouts through the Destiny Companion.
* checked Discord linking as instructed, I never linked.
I specifically mention the last two points because I expect the standard troubleshooting response may be to unlink Discord and clear Companion loadouts.
Those steps have already been completed. Discord was not linked, and I cleared my loadouts through the Companion anyway. The WEASEL error continues to occur on the main PC.
Why I’m asking for further investigation
The fact that:
* the same Bungie account works on another PC,
* the same Bungie account works on two PS5s,
* all of those devices are using the same Xfinity connection,
* the NAT type is Good,
* and the affected PC consistently gets WEASEL after sitting at the title screen for approximately 3+ minutes,
makes this seem like something that is specific to this particular PC or the way Destiny 2 is communicating from this PC.
I have genuinely done everything humanly possible on my end, including the **advanced troubleshooting** and the additional Discord/loadout recommendations.
At this point, I would really appreciate PC-specific investigation or diagnostics rather than being sent through the same basic troubleshooting steps again.
If Bungie needs logs, crash information, network diagnostics, configuration information, or anything else from the affected PC, I am happy to provide it.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.
7 Day Ban
7 Day Ban
30 Day Ban
Permanent Ban
This site uses cookies to provide you with the best possible user experience. By clicking 'Accept', you agree to the policies documented at Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
Accept
This site uses cookies to provide you with the best possible user experience. By continuing to use this site, you agree to the policies documented at Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
close
Our policies have recently changed. By clicking 'Accept', you agree to the updated policies documented at Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
Accept
Our policies have recently changed. By continuing to use this site, you agree to the updated policies documented at Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.