Hi all
I'm hoping someone has seen this before. Every time I try to enter the Tower, or any other shared activity, the screen goes black for about 15 seconds and I'm sent back to orbit with error code CABBAGE. Joining a fireteam works fine, and every other game I play works fine online. Another PC on the same home network, also playing Destiny 2 through Steam, can enter the Tower without any trouble, so it looks specific to my PC.
Setup: Windows 11 Pro 24H2, Steam, wired connection, South Africa. Behind two simple MikroTik switches (no NAT or firewall on them) and a Cudy router. It fails the same way when I plug into the same switch the working PC uses.
What I've already tried:
- Port forwarding the Destiny ports to my PC. The in-game NAT test showed Open, but CABBAGE didn't change.
- UPnP on and off.
- Clean reinstall of Destiny 2 and BattlEye.
- Uninstalled OpenVPN and Riot Vanguard. No VPN, and Windows Defender is my only security software.
- Checked Windows Firewall: Destiny and BattlEye are allowed, nothing is blocked, and the firewall log showed no drops during a failed attempt.
- Reset the Windows network stack (winsock and IP reset).
- MTU is a normal 1500, and I get 0% packet loss to my router and to 8.8.8.8.
- Turned off Steam Remote Play.
What I found in a packet capture of one failed attempt: my PC sends a small UDP packet every second for about 30 seconds to two Bungie servers (205.209.19.125 and 205.209.19.152, port 3074). 205.209.19.152 answers every packet and the replies reach my PC. 205.209.19.125 never answers, and I saw the same thing in two separate captures. Windows reports no dropped packets.
Has anyone seen CABBAGE with this pattern, where only some of Bungie's servers reply? Does anyone know whether both servers are supposed to answer, or what else on a PC could cause it? Also, if a Bungie support agent can see anything on the server side for my account, I'm happy to send the full capture privately.
Thanks for reading <3
-
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear you've been dealing with these errors! If you've gone through every potential solution mentioned on our [url=https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360048721992-Error-Code-CABBAGE]Cabbage error page[/url], please consult the following resources for more options: 1) [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/252482968]A player reported here[/url] that they somewhat resolved this issue by going into their settings [Network Application - ALG Configuration] and disabling everything. This may help you but could also open up your network to outside risks. 2) Typically, we only notice these errors with Thompson and Technicolor/Mitrastar routers. Aside from the above, the only other solutions we can offer are from other players who found a fix for this issue by following the steps [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/231008613]in this thread[/url] or [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/241743364]in this thread[/url].
-
Edited by SyerNide: 10/7/2026 9:19:17 AMI can also say that i that I have covered and done everything also mentioned in this forum post : [url]https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/265351669?sort=0&page=0[/url]