JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help - Destiny 2

Help us help you.
10/6/2026 4:40:02 PM
1

Error code weasel (please read)

Title: Steam PC – WEASEL immediately after selecting character despite multiple network tests Hi Bungie Support, I'm having a persistent WEASEL error on Destiny 2 through Steam on PC. The problem happens consistently: Launch Destiny 2 normally. Reach the character selection screen. My character model loads completely normally. Select my character. Destiny begins loading into Orbit. Within a few seconds, I receive WEASEL and get disconnected. This happens every time I've tested it. I've already tried the following: Restarted my PC. Restarted my router. Tested my normal home Wi-Fi. Tested using a completely separate mobile phone hotspot — WEASEL still occurs. Reset Windows networking using: ipconfig /flushdns netsh winsock reset netsh int ip reset ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew Verified Destiny 2's files through Steam. Reset Destiny's local configuration/cache. Deleted all saved Destiny loadouts. Restarted Steam and Destiny multiple times. I also ran continuous ping tests while launching Destiny: ping 1.1.1.1 -t ping bungie.net -t At the exact moment Destiny gives me WEASEL, both connections continue responding normally with no timeouts. This makes it appear that my general internet connection is not dropping when the error occurs. I've also tested both my normal Wi-Fi and a mobile hotspot, so the problem appears to persist across two completely separate internet connections. Could you please check whether there is an issue with my Destiny/Bungie account session or the connection between the Destiny 2 PC client and Bungie's services? I'm happy to provide any logs, diagnostic information, or other testing you need. Thanks.
English
#Help #Errorcodes

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Hello there, Thank you for your detailed report. We understand you've been encountering a persistent Weasel error code. We're sorry to hear of this, as we can imagine the impact of such an issue. For our investigation, could you kindly clarify whether you experience this error code no matter the character you select? Also, did you happen to recently link Discord to your account? If yes, does unlinking it address this error code? Please let us know when you can, and we'll review.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    2 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon