Recently redownloaded Destiny 2 this week but cannot play the game whatsoever. Whenever I launch the game, it goes into the loading screen where it shows the subclass loading icons but then freezes and nothing happens.
PC Specs:
Intel i7-8700k 3.7 ghz
Gskill Trident 16 gb RAM
Nvidia 4070
Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Corsair RM750x
1440p monitor
I've tried various methods to try and fix the issue:
* Verifying integrity of files
* Running on Compatibility mode
* Run as Administrator
* Deleting cvars files
* Updating and reinstalling drivers
* Smooth Motion off and Nvidia overlay off
* Alt + Tab out of it
* Resetting Steam download cache
* Checking for Windows Updates
* Cleared DirectX shader cache
* Trying to optimize setting on Nvidia and resetting
* Running DxDiag
* Not in steam beta client
* Disabling Nvidia Shader Cache size
* Do not have over 100 friends
* Steam Controller input turned off
* Tried Launch options -dx11 and -dx12
* Disabled full screen optimizations
Currently deleted and reinstalling to see what happens. Will be checking for BIOS updates if that doesn't work.
What else can I do to fix this? I used to play Destiny 2 just fine on this PC along with other games. My final thought would be getting a fresh install of windows 10 at that point but I don't know what else to try.
-
3 RepliesHello there, Thank you for your detailed report. We understand you're experiencing crashing and/or freezing when starting up Destiny 2. We're sorry to hear of this. So we can effectively investigate, please consider sharing a DxDiag with us. You can copy and paste it over on [url=https://www.pastebin.com]PasteBin [/url]and reply with the viewing link. Please clarify as well whether any error codes present themselves when these crashing/freezing incidents occur. We'll then investigate.
-
1 ReplyWhen you say "freezes", you mean that the icons actually stop moving or you mean they keep spinning forever?