I was permanently banned on Monday September 28th. I have spent 6500 hours playing on D2 alone. I am huge supporter of the game, love the game, its been my favorite of all time. I have spent over $2000 in silver, purchased all DLCs and have spent another $2000 in the bungie store. I love the brand that much. Hell I even wear Destiny shirts in public constantly, I support that game that much.
They have force changed my name several times to Redacted. I like amusing names. This last one I ran out of tokens. I read that if you link a new fresh account it will give you a name change token. Downloaded Epic Games, created a new account, logged on once and logged off. Went to the bungie site linked the new account to my other main account. It did not give me a name change token. Literally a few days later I was permanently banned.
How is this a ban-able offense? I trade crypto so I do use a VPN on my computer, but I don't play games on it. I literally logged on once and logged off, didn't even go into space. Just made sure the account was registered. I am shocked they wouldn't at least take a look at this. I have appealed but everything I read is that is a long shot and no reason will be given.
Any other suggestions would be welcome. I love this game, it has gotten me through a lot of tough times in my life and its a place of refuge for me. I just don't understand how they can ban me for trying to change my name, if that is the reason. I am really lost here and its terrible there isn't a real support staff that you can talk to to get clarification. Bungie please help, Destiny has always been a huge part of my life and I want it to continue to be.
English
#Help
-
Hi there, Thanks for reaching out. If your account has incurred a ban, then the way to contact our Security team about it is through the [url=https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049024492-Contact-Form-Appeal-Ban-or-Restriction?_ga=2.188461352.1899742874.1733155105-1420294048.1731346808]Appeal Ban or Restriction Contact Form[/url]. If you have already submitted a ticket, you have done all you can, and will need to wait for a response. Ban appeals are not conducted on the forums.