JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/1/2026 11:36:54 AM
13

What makes more sense for unvaulting content?

Drip feed to spread engagement

20

Release all at once to make bigger impact

56

Personally, I think releasing all at once makes more sense. It’d feel like getting a huge expansion. More hype and more potential to bring in new players. Perhaps more potential to hold onto players if the population gets a big boost. I’m not sure though.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • I think we are in for a long wait I imagine we will get a bit at a time, but personally I don’t care that much about the campaign as I’ve done them, just want the patrol destinations

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Quality control should be considered with timing. The quality threshold is higher for a “billion dollar company” like bungie than the sunrise indie devs. Bungie needs to release each expansion in near perfect quality for people not to throw tantrums. I am expecting so weasels or something so i don’t care, but they should just try to do one release at a time rather than worry about deadlines. Plus if they can get red war ready in a year i rather have red war in a year than wait for them to finish coa and warmind then forsaken and have to wait 3 years

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    3 Replies
    • Its probably better to drip feed it to spread out engagement.... But also... I think the game is best when you solely focus on it. There's just so much to do. On a side note, -blam!- cares about the campaigns? If you've played the campaign once, you've played it a million times. It would be much better to focus on releasing content that is REPLAYABLE and impactful in the long term.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      13 Replies
      • I'm honestly surprised by how many people want everything to be brought back all at once. I would think it'd be easier to space it out and release it in phases to ensure everything goes smoothly, and it would be less of an arduous task.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        1 Reply
        • Edited by Bore: 10/2/2026 4:11:07 AM
          [quote]Personally, I think releasing all at once makes more sense. It’d feel like getting a huge expansion. More hype and more potential to bring in new players. Perhaps more potential to hold onto players if the population gets a big boost. I’m not sure though.[/quote] Personally I’d love to have red war release, play all of that vanilla content and then have time to be excited to play CoO the same way before warmind releases and then forsaken. Imagine a returning raid releasing back to back. Just have it be like a month maybe two months tops between them.

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          5 Replies
          • 3
            eliteg
            eliteg

            moar engrims / m17nerf - old

            Drip feeding will probably send the wrong impression.. ...it'll make it seem like its in active development akin to live service as >> here is new content... here is new content again ...so I'm leaning towards they will drop it as one concise body of work and I'm ok with that but it all has to be meaningful to the game... meaning it serves game loops by not just being there but being useful.. dropping tiered weapons and gear imo.. thats my hope along with other important unvaultings I hope they consider (like rite of the nine)

            Posting in language:

             

            Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          • The game isn’t technically live service anymore from what I heard. Drip feeding content they took away from us, free content out of all things, isn’t the move.

            Posting in language:

             

            Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            2 Replies
            • I like having something to do as time goes so the slow approach is better I think... Lots of players have no self control and will burn through all the content in one week regardless... Then complain that there is nothing to do when it's there own fault... They can just release things as its finished and update and fix as they go and it keeps the problems small as well... Potentially fixing possible big issues before they happen... We should all know by now that big content launches usually carry big issues and bugs... Plus in smaller batches they can isolate and resolve problems faster to... And with a smaller team it will take forever to do it all at once... Post....

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • Edited by megatron1984: 10/1/2026 5:14:00 PM
              It doesn't matter what Bungie does. This community will complain no matter what they do.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              5 Replies
              • Drip feed so they can make sure it has as little bugs as possible and not try to do to much at once

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • Depends on the timescale. If everything can be brought upto date and added within 6-9 months at most then I’d go with that. If it’s anticipated that it’ll take 12-18+ months for everything but they’d be able to start drip feeding content within 6 months then I’d go for drip feeding.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                1 Reply
                • Drip feed would benefit both the players and Bungle as it will get the first installment out quicker, will show players what they can expect for the rest, buy Bungle some good faith and let Bungle know what they are doing right or wrong with the conversion. At least that's how I see it.

                  Posting in language:

                   

                  Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                  4 Replies
                  • I think it might be easier on them if they space it out and release it in phases. Other than Forsaken, the DLCs that were vaulted were fairly small, so it would probably be easier than releasing it all at once. I think they should start by unvaulting the Red War plus the destinations tied to it and then go from there. Of course, that's just my opinion.

                    Posting in language:

                     

                    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon