JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.
9/29/2026 11:41:32 AM
1

Truck day

The truck pulls in... You've had 5 hours of sleep... No caffeine... 2 call ins... [Scene set] Post...
English
#Offtopic

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • I am a pedestrian by choice, but once upon a time I did give in to peer pressure and got a car so that my family would stop pestering me. I hated that car. I named it Dawn after the character from Pokémon, because of a running joke that I despise her for literally no reason (I really do--she didn't do anything but I genuinely can't stand her). Anyway, at the time my job was stocking shelves. It was pretty simple, and a mostly enjoyable job. We had the cart, we unload stuff from the cart onto the shelves. But then my job learned I had a car and they decided to give me a new task. Once a week, I'd have to show up at 5am to unload the truck, and it was genuinely the worst. I had to wake up at, like, 4 in the morning, drive a stupid car that I hated with a passion, and unload a truck while being tired enough to pass out on the spot. On top of that, when it was time to go home, I was so sleepy that I'd make all sorts of driving mistakes. One day, I got in an accident that wasn't my fault. Dawn was totaled. My family wanted me to push for getting some money from the other people for wrecking my car, but I didn't. I didn't really need the cash, and frankly they did me a favor by getting rid of that stupid vehicle. My work wasn't okay with the idea of me walking at 4am, so no more truck shifts for me, and when my family saw how happy I was to have had my car wrecked they finally gave up on trying to pressure me to drive. Now I'm back to being a pedestrian. It's good.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    15 Replies
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon