JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help - Destiny 2

Help us help you.
9/29/2026 7:11:44 AM
2

What's with people being banned?

Hearing from multiple sources people are being wrongfully banned tonight. Every post I see on here with people expressing they have been banned gets the same automated response or people telling them that software for DIFFERENT games can get them banned. i have to ask why? is the anticheat that bad? im a returning player, I've went through hell and back just to be able to play this game, I've had to buy it twice at full price because i didn't get my dlcs the first time and bungie provided absolutely no help resolving that issue, i shouldn't have to be sat here scared to death that ill be banned and my thousands of hours be a waste. that's something cheaters should have to worry about not me. I should just for once get to enjoy the game this is completely unacceptable, beyond unacceptable. What is going on seriously?
English
#Help

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Edited by TuxyDoh: 9/29/2026 10:22:58 AM
    Hey there, bans are typically issued in waves and are determined manually. The anticheat doesn't know or care that a cheat is for another game, it is looking for something trying to manipulate Destiny 2 or its processes while the game is running. Obviously it shouldn't be possible to mask an attempt to cheat by naming the cheat file as being for another game. The filename or what the program claims to be for isn't the important part - what matters is what it's actually doing to Destiny 2 while Destiny 2 is running. I use things like that all the time. But not while Destiny 2 is running, and so I'm still around. You don't get banned for 'just' having cheat tools on your PC. Everyone who gets banned has a chance to appeal the ban at https://safety.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/42349301189524-Contact-Form-Appeal-Ban-or-Restriction

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    6 Replies
    • I got permabanned in July, never used Hacks, Aimbots or paied for trials (I almost never play PvP). I compiled the appeal form 2 days after and another 1 last week but I never got an answer, I got 4300 hours into the game, and i have never received a single warning message. I'm kinda desperate, I wanted my account back since apparently Bungie wants to keep supporting the game but I'm out of ideas. Probably there is noone at the customer support who can actually read our appeals idk.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      2 Replies
      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon