JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/28/2026 4:59:35 PM
21

I Miss Holiday Themed Events

Solstice, Hauntings, Dawning, and Guardian Games will never return....... We're on the verge of Spooky Season and I hate that we won't see Haunted Sectors return. I wasn't playing last Fall, so the last recall I have of them was during TFS. Who knew that'd be the last one??? Not me. Would've loved to have seen them somehow retain those events despite service ending.

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Edited by eXXz: 9/30/2026 6:44:35 PM
    Coping so bad huh… Live service and updates are over friend Lets just enjoy what we got while its still plugged in Plus you already know unvaulting old content is on the way. So you must be Superrr excited to do all that again :)

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    3 Replies
    • That's absolutely something people still playing will miss, especially Xmas, having the snow & music & presents, it was lame yes, especially the same thing every year, but it was destiny Xmas, it was holidays & it'll feel very strange if I logon at that time which I might not. Halloween was decent too for setting a scene, again kinda lame but different. I didn't really care about the other 2 events, no scene to set.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Only one thing will bring them back, money. That’s why it might come back. Some people will pay money for anything. If bungie sold each event pass for $5-10, im sure people would buy it. If it cost $2 million and they make $5-10 million then it could happen. Until otherwise nothing will change.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • [quote]Solstice, Hauntings, Dawning, and Guardian Games will never return....... We're on the verge of Spooky Season and I hate that we won't see Haunted Sectors return. I wasn't playing last Fall, so the last recall I have of them was during TFS. Who knew that'd be the last one??? Not me. Would've loved to have seen them somehow retain those events despite service ending.[/quote] Those are probably gone forever - there's no live team left and there probably won't be ever again...to be honest they were just money events...and totally skippable...

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      1 Reply
      • Definitely will miss the Dawning. It’s just not Christmas without the decorations.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • Idk if you heard the news or not but Destiny isn’t dead.. we’re definitely getting these back maybe not this year but next year I’d expect them to.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        3 Replies
        • Personally I stopped doing solstice and guardian games long time ago. Cause I didnt like the eaz. I missed them using the old campaign missions as part of the event

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          1 Reply
          • Sectors were ok but Haunted Forest was far creepier and made for a better event imo.

            Posting in language:

             

            Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            2 Replies
            • Don’t worry if you’re in the Uk you got the Christmas markets and festive rides to forward with

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • A distant memory best remembered in saved videos or ost.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • I would take the spooky sounds and the decorations even if we didn’t have the lost sectors.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • That's so funny reading that this morning. I was running a strike last night and one of the other Guardians had what I first thought was the Pumpkin helmet, (s)he didn't but it sure made me want to grab mine and run with it!!! I LOVED THE FESTIVALS AND IF WE ONLY GOT ONE THING BACK MAKE IT THESE! After all that made that happen with the Iron Banana!

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              1 Reply
              • I would appreciate having The Dawning and Festival of the Lost back.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • Maybe after the unvault time will tell

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • Agreed!👍

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • [quote]Solstice, Hauntings, Dawning, and Guardian Games will never return....... [/quote] Who says they're not going to return?

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                8 Replies
                • Because they are seasonal content.

                  Posting in language:

                   

                  Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                • Surely they can put a tree up for Christmas 🎄 😁

                  Posting in language:

                   

                  Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                  2 Replies
                  • Me too

                    Posting in language:

                     

                    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                  • 3
                    eliteg
                    eliteg

                    moar engrims / m17nerf - old

                    no matter what these were a nice touch of a true live service game that brought the community together... they will be missed for certain.. even having some of the weapons always available there in the middle of the tower

                    Posting in language:

                     

                    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                  • I would like them, but not 10 years in a raw the same events with the same loot.

                    Posting in language:

                     

                    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon