JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Rancid: 9/28/2026 10:11:56 AM
7

Just because we have gotten old...

Doen't mean we dont still love this game. I mean 12 years is a long time. Im 38 And this game has been in my life the past 12 years. I admit I used to play it 7 days week 4 to 8 hrs a day almost. on top of being married and bringing 2 kids into world and working 10hrs a day. So naturally as you get older and the kids and wife take up more and more of that time. The games start to go to the back burner. But this is the only game I have played for 12 years and the only one I still play and that says something. I see my son and all his friends playing headsets,the virtual reality meta headset for clarity. and the games they play on headset are looter shooters...so even though play time is down,and numbers are down, I promise your give it just a another year or few a andd theres gonna be a huge awakening to this game. I believe that anyway. I see how the kids are with headset games I just hope they make the transfer. Destiny could use some sort of headset compatibility feature which the tech just isnt there yet . But anyway just sharing while its 330 am and im about to hit the shower for work lol. ...guardians make their own fate love to all
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Time to yell at those kids to get off the lawn if you are using tropes like that.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    • Bungie is looking at the age of the players the wrong way. For most people, overtime, disposable income goes up. Older players don’t care about the price of things in Eververse or the Bungie Store. We can buy everything in there without a second thought.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      1 Reply
      • [quote]Doen't mean we dont still love this game. I mean 12 years is a long time. Im 38 And this game has been in my life the past 12 years. I admit I used to play it 7 days week 4 to 8 hrs a day almost. on top of being married and bringing 2 kids into world and working 10hrs a day. So naturally as you get older and the kids and wife take up more and more of that time. The games start to go to the back burner. But this is the only game I have played for 12 years and the only one I still play and that says something. I see my son and all his friends playing headsets,the virtual reality meta headset for clarity. and the games they play on headset are looter shooters...so even though play time is down,and numbers are down, I promise your give it just a another year or few a andd theres gonna be a huge awakening to this game. I believe that anyway. I see how the kids are with headset games I just hope they make the transfer. Destiny could use some sort of headset compatibility feature which the tech just isnt there yet . But anyway just sharing while its 330 am and im about to hit the shower for work lol. ...guardians make their own fate love to all[/quote] I am in the same boat.. Married had 2 kids ... all in my destiny time Still play daily hehe

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • I’m 49, turn 50 in November. Started playing D1 right after the Taken King released, and the only reason I didn’t start sooner was because I had quit all gaming for 7 years prior. Since I played D1 it’s been Destiny all the way, and I’m gonna rock this -blam!- until the wheels fall off.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • [quote]Doen't mean we dont still love this game. I mean 12 years is a long time. Im 38 And this game has been in my life the past 12 years. I admit I used to play it 7 days week 4 to 8 hrs a day almost. on top of being married and bringing 2 kids into world and working 10hrs a day. So naturally as you get older and the kids and wife take up more and more of that time. The games start to go to the back burner. But this is the only game I have played for 12 years and the only one I still play and that says something. I see my son and all his friends playing headsets,the virtual reality meta headset for clarity. and the games they play on headset are looter shooters...so even though play time is down,and numbers are down, I promise your give it just a another year or few a andd theres gonna be a huge awakening to this game. I believe that anyway. I see how the kids are with headset games I just hope they make the transfer. Destiny could use some sort of headset compatibility feature which the tech just isnt there yet . But anyway just sharing while its 330 am and im about to hit the shower for work lol. ...guardians make their own fate love to all[/quote] Steam deck

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • I hope Bungie never puts this on VR.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • Headset compatibility? What are you talking about? What exactly do you think you can do in other games that you can’t do in destiny with a headset?

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        7 Replies
        You are not allowed to view this content.
        ;
        preload icon
        preload icon
        preload icon