Destiny 1 & 2 is non- recoverable. You can’t bring new players up to date from 12 years of game play. The players that have been here since the launch of D1 do not wish to re-play old content. Destiny 3 needs to start with modern up to date dedicated servers. The peer to peer BS is old as the dinosaurs now. We need to have an up coming Super Nova that destroys this solar system. Move out into the galaxy/universe. If you wish to continue support of D1 & D2 keep it on present servers and peer to peer. D3 needs dedicated servers. PvP and PvE must be totally separate. Weapons in PvP should be balanced so gameplay is based on knowing the maps and team coordination, not some gimmick. PvE should naturally have stronger weapons to combat powerful enemies. The two should never overlap and PvP players should never have to participate in PvE to acquire anything and the same for PvE players. Solo players should have the opportunity to acquire all weapons and armor as fireteams participating in Dungeons and Raids. The RNG drops are total BS. If you complete the required tasks the reward is guaranteed. Stop wasting server capacity with thousands of weapons, ornaments, shaders, etc that no one is ever going to use. Concentrate your energy in what made Destiny great. A good story line, in game not Grimoor cards or lore, outstanding graphics, outstanding music, and interesting characters. (Cade 6) Give us new open world environments that we can explore with missions to accomplish for level ups. Stop with the constant repetitive grind. There are many different ways to level up your power without repetition.
-
1 ReplyI played D1 didn’t play d2 until beyond light and I plan on taking a week off of work and sending the kids to the relatives house for the week so me and my wife (will finally get into it if she can experience the whole story) can play front to back through everything.
-
1 Reply[quote]The players that have been here since the launch of D1 do not wish to replay old content. [/quote] Speak for yourself. A lot of players, both veterans and New Lights, are excited to see the old content return. Plus, for those who started playing Destiny after Beyond Light and never got to experience that content, it'll be new to them.
-
Unless the new management can fix the mess, I don't believe them to make destiny 3
-
2 RepliesBungie trying to butter up the community with hopes they'll drop $40 on marathon. Thats what I gathered from this announcement.
-
1 Replyholy wall of text batman also, sony cancelled all destiny stuff, and bungie never even put anything forward for a destiny 3 destiny 3 was dead before it was ever thought of
-
What exactly do you mean by [quote]Solo players should have the opportunity to acquire all weapons and armor as fireteams participating in Dungeons and Raids.[/quote] So Should solo players or really anyone just be able to walk up to an npc and get these items ? then what would the point of raids and dungeons be ?
-
[quote]Destiny 1 & 2 is non- recoverable. You can’t bring new players up to date from 12 years of game play. The players that have been here since the launch of D1 do not wish to re-play old content. Destiny 3 needs to start with modern up to date dedicated servers. The peer to peer BS is old as the dinosaurs now. We need to have an up coming Super Nova that destroys this solar system. Move out into the galaxy/universe. If you wish to continue support of D1 & D2 keep it on present servers and peer to peer. D3 needs dedicated servers. PvP and PvE must be totally separate. Weapons in PvP should be balanced so gameplay is based on knowing the maps and team coordination, not some gimmick. PvE should naturally have stronger weapons to combat powerful enemies. The two should never overlap and PvP players should never have to participate in PvE to acquire anything and the same for PvE players. Solo players should have the opportunity to acquire all weapons and armor as fireteams participating in Dungeons and Raids. The RNG drops are total BS. If you complete the required tasks the reward is guaranteed. Stop wasting server capacity with thousands of weapons, ornaments, shaders, etc that no one is ever going to use. Concentrate your energy in what made Destiny great. A good story line, in game not Grimoor cards or lore, outstanding graphics, outstanding music, and interesting characters. ([b][u]Cayde[/u][/b] 6) Give us new open world environments that we can explore with missions to accomplish for level ups. Stop with the constant repetitive grind. There are many different ways to level up your power without repetition.[/quote] Okay I’m going to start with “Paragraphs !!!! They are your friend, use them!!!!” Secondly, I’m going to say that you make some excellent points, some good ones and others that are entirely subjective. For instance blowing up the Sol System in a supernova is beyond insane. What was the point of fighting to save the system if it gets snapped out of existence? It completely negates the struggles and fights of Destiny 1&2. I suppose that’s the point from your perspective that Destiny 1-2 is “non-recoverable”. I disagree completely about your take that :- [quote]You can’t bring new players up to date from 12 years of game play. The players that have been here since the launch of D1 do not wish to re-play old content.[/quote] You absolutely can bring new players upto date, and it will definitely persuade new players to come and play Destiny. As a player that has been here since about six weeks after the launch of D1, I’ve personally replayed the campaigns of D1 at least 15 times over the last 12 years, not including my original run through of all three characters. I’ve played all the campaigns in D2 more than 3 times, helping relapsed friends or just for laughs. The exception is EoF which was an unmitigated cluster--blam!-, that I resent having to have played once. Many people are excited to replay the missions and campaigns, some also aren’t like yourself. Saying that “no one” is interested in this is just not true. I think you are correct that we do need to leave the Sol System, and have dedicated servers, but killing off the solar system ruins the first two games and prevents a return to Sol for smaller or main stories about protecting the System. I completely agree with you about your arguments about the separation of PvE and PvP sandboxes. I’ve been arguing about this for a decade. “Training weapons” that are identical for every player should be only allowed in the crucible. All archetypes of weapon frames should be there, but just one of each with a selection of identical perks. I sort of agree with the curtailing the of the weapons, ornaments etc. There is immense bloat and in the next game it does really need to be less. Can’t do anything about it currently though in D2. As a moderate raider with only 1200+ raid clears between both games I completely disagree about the solo players getting raid or dungeon gear and with the further watering down of the RNG. That’s part of the allure of Destiny. It’s about interacting with people and having fun and getting loot. Or trying again because RNGeesus didn’t bless you this time. I believe you should have access to similar weapons that are good enough to do endgame content, but as a Solo Player, unless you solo a raid or dungeon, you should never have access to them. Whilst on the subject of raids and dungeons, I believe they should revert away from raids like SE and DP with their overcomplicated mechanics, and return to more Dungeon like mechanics (except SD) and harder combat. I think that the more people raid/dungeon the better. I think D1 had the right approach. Normal raids with simpler versions of the mechanics and the Hard and Heroic versions with harder mechanics and no revives. A mixed ability team should be able, once they’ve learnt the raid and the mechanics, to complete it on the hardest standard difficulty within 1-2hours. All my fastest times on D1 raids are sub 1 hour on the hardest difficulty, with a mixed ability team. Obviously 5feat/Contest modes are not applicable to this statement as they have to more challenging to give players like myself and the better ones something to do or to aspire to. I think that the way the latest pantheon is set up is a good start. Explorer mode for all D3 raids/ dungeons needs to happen. I agree with the statement about cool stories and the amazing music and graphics this is obviously expected. Grind however is a part of the game and has been very much watered down from the EoF debacle and D1 grind which was unforgiving. I think that grinding for specific armor or weapons gives you a reason to play after you’ve completed story content. I would add though that the work that goes into Exotic missions and the unused areas of destinations (Europa’s Riis Reborn, Technocrat’s Iron, Beyond and Creation I’m looking at you) begs that they be reused in part or whole for new stories and missions, not just for repetition. Many of us here want the franchise to continue, it won’t be necessarily everything that we all want, but I hope it’s more like the high points of the franchise, and less like ShadowKeep, CoO and EoF. Especially EoF.
-
5 RepliesSo not Destiny? I recommend Marathon. 😇👍💠