JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Talia Sendua: 9/26/2026 12:38:33 AM
12

A few questions about old weapons. Will they return?

Naming an example here, Hazard of the Cast. I love this Auto Rifle, but don't have a version of it anymore. Breakneck is bothering me with its extra cloth on the barrel. Will guns like this return with the content that is restored? There are many weapons, especially from Destinations such as the Tangled Shore that aren't available anymore. If they return, will they be updated in perk pools and tier support? Or will they just made be available again (besides the Red War weapons)? And if not, can Breakneck at least allow the Ornaments for Hazard of the Cast to work on it?

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Probably few of them will return. I doubt bungie want do it all. Just wait and to see.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • I imagine the destinations will get both armour with perks and weapons to the tiered system. I believe there is no confirmation on this but it seems likely considering everywhere else did. I’m looking forward to the set bonuses and how you can make build from them

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    • I fikkin hope, especially the Tangled shore one's - loved the designs.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      3 Replies
      • [i]*waiting for The Vow*[/i]

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • Absolutely loved that gun.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      • Those Veist 260 RPM Scouts with the modern tier system would be great. I used to love that Jararaca. I would sing "Jararaca, Jararaca, Dormez-vous? Dormez-vous?" Whenever I got kills with it. 😅

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        2 Replies
        • Bump just because Hazard of the Caste is mentioned. I still have mine.

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          5 Replies
          • Presumably each location will have armor and weapons unique to it again. A good example is that Mars will probably have the Braytech weapons that have never been back in their original skins. Some weapons have used the models but you get the idea.

            Posting in language:

             

            Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            1 Reply
            • And make all of them craftable T5

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • There are reasons these weapons weren't upgradable to Tier 5 - or weren't available at all - I think the plan all along was to include these as tier 5 weapons at some point...they may even already exist...

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • Edited by Killapete232: 9/26/2026 4:32:11 AM
              I feel banshee would be a great place to add in a focusing system for these returned weapons so target farming your weapon, and desired roll will be simplified. This would be the best case scenario with the return of sunsetted content.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              3 Replies
              • 1
                eliteg
                eliteg

                moar engrims / m17nerf - old

                I think it makes so much sense to add weapons to the new places.. I mean why add them without giving them relevance? I think Bungie figured a model that works for the planets that at least has made them work since MTL dropped... ...I figure their goal is keep a captivated audience for the next iteration since naturally these planets will be farmed to death within a year or 2.. but lol of course they will miss that date by at least a year or 2... anyway short answer > theres like no way I can see them dropping these planets to any sort of fanfair without making them interesting and weapons is the key and lowest hanging fruit IMO.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              You are not allowed to view this content.
              ;
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon