JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/25/2026 5:42:12 PM
5

Returning after 3 years and around 2,000 hours – the first thing I noticed was the movement

Hey everyone, I’m a returning Destiny 2 player. I’ve been away from the game for roughly three years, and I have around 1,900 hours played. I came back without keeping up with all the sandbox changes or reading years of patch notes. I basically went in blind. And one of the very first things I noticed was that the movement didn’t feel like the Destiny I remembered. At first, I couldn’t quite explain what felt wrong. After playing for a while, I realized that a big part of it is the transition between sprinting, sliding, and jumping. I remember being able to sprint into a slide and transition into a jump while carrying that feeling of momentum forward. Those actions felt like one continuous movement. Now, especially when transitioning from a slide into a jump, it feels like that momentum and flow get interrupted. And for me, that matters much more than simply being able to sprint faster or slide farther. Movement speed and movement flow are not the same thing. What made Destiny special to me was how naturally its movement chained together. Sprinting, sliding, jumping, dodging, and things like Icarus Dash on Warlock created this incredibly fluid rhythm. Once you got used to it, you didn’t think about the individual inputs anymore. You just moved. That was a huge part of Destiny’s identity for me. I know there are armor pieces, mods, Exotics, and other ways to increase sprint speed, slide distance, or other movement characteristics. But I don’t think buildcrafting should be required to make the basic act of moving around feel great. The baseline character should feel good to move before any buildcrafting enters the equation. I’m not asking for every sandbox change from the last three years to be reverted. Games evolve, and balance changes happen. But I genuinely hope the team takes another look at baseline movement, momentum preservation, and especially transitions like slide → jump. What struck me most about returning after three years wasn’t a weapon nerf, a subclass change, or an ability I didn’t recognize. It was simply: “Why doesn’t moving around feel as good anymore?” After around 1,900 hours with Destiny before my break, the fact that this was one of the first things I noticed upon returning concerns me more than almost any individual balance change could. Destiny has always had fantastic gunplay, abilities, and buildcrafting. But to me, the movement was what tied all of those things together and made the game feel like Destiny. I really hope that feeling becomes a priority again.

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • I'm thinking you used to have a high "Mobility" stat before, but the Mobility category is gone now with the new armor archetypes. Every class now has a permanent base speed & you can use exotics or certain armor mods to improve it. Same thing happened with "Resilience" stat getting replaced by "Health" and everyone was complaining they feel squishy even tho their "Health" stat is high... thats cuz Health doesnt work the way Resilience did. The only thing I might suggest (besides living with it) is try the Bright/Circuit armor from Sparrow Racing... I think it gives you a speed booster ?

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    • Three years? Any chance it might be your memory? Maybe it might take a while to get back up to speed?

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      1 Reply
      • 3
        Might be rusty, friend. I still move in the exact way you’re describing.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        1 Reply
        • Edited by Talia Sendua: 9/26/2026 12:51:33 AM
          I still think Destiny 2 has too much movement. It feels more like Warframe. I wish it was slower and more tactical.

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          2 Replies
          • Ya there was a go fast update... But players started breaking things and it created a large "skill gap" in PvP so they nerfed a lot of movement and movement tech... And with strand the messed with movement again as strand was the "movement subclass" because of the grapple grenade... And introduced amplify for arc... Base movement got mangled with the new armor overall... Ya... Not like it was... Post...

            Posting in language:

             

            Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          You are not allowed to view this content.
          ;
          preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon