JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/25/2026 4:31:31 PM
33

What was good about Curse of Osiris?

It’s one of the least popular DLCs and it’s returning, so which parts are you going to play again? I loved seeing the contrast between present day Mercury, the golden age and a future apocalypse. I’ll replay the campaign just to see all that once more. I also remember enjoying the adventures on Mercury. I’ll revisit them. Not sure about the strike. I know it wasn’t one of my favourites. Maybe I’ll play it again to remind myself what it even was.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • One of the strikes reminds me of the battleground core I think it was. Causd similar boss. But I loved curse of osiris. The campaign, quests to it. The 2 strikes. My only criticism of it is that the location could been bigger like using infinite forest to get to one other location or that beginning bit of the first mission could been kept as well for the planet use. For me personally, I disliked warmind. D2's was ok. Escalation protocol was ok. Campaign was basically a 3/10 cause it was WAYYYYYYY TOO SHORT. CoO was longer and had more to do.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    2 Replies
    • Everyone making memes out of two tokens and a blue

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • I liked the infinite forest

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    • Nothing, although I would rather play it than that catastrophe that was neptune.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      1 Reply
      • Forget Curse of Osiris… I’m excited for Escalation Protocol.

        Posting in language:

         

        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        2 Replies
        • The content itself wasn’t that bad. The problem was there wasn’t much content. And the loot sucked.

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        • The Sundial Public event was kinda fun, but I am more looking forward to Mars and the Escalation Protocol.

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        • Edited by Natdeguerre: 9/27/2026 6:35:38 PM
          The opening cinematic trailer. Egyptian theme, chemistry between Osiris and Sagira, exploring mysteries lost in time and sand. Unfortunately the expansion never really delivered on any of it.

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

        • People making Memes out of two tokens and a blue

          Posting in language:

           

          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

          1 Reply
          • For me it was the art direction, the colors and the score of Mercury. Plus, the Infinite Forest, its endless horizons and the reflecting sky with its understated Vex architecture. Mercury also had my favorite Lost Sector (Pariah's Refuge). [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVD8zDz36ys]Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris Original Soundtrack - Track 05 - Mercury s Golden Age[/url] Destiny has always been, and still is, more of a visual game than an in-depth game for me.

            Posting in language:

             

            Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            2 Replies
            • Curse of Osiris was not.. good The loot was disappointing and the only good things that was enjoyable was it made the worlds bigger (by making us explore the edz more) and it didn’t do the entire go back and forth between characters, it was quick to put you into the next mission No talking to ikora and when you get sagira she instantly said “we are going to mercury” and we kinda just went there I think..? Can’t remember since it’s been so long But it was a time of we got our orders over the coms and needed to travel less

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • I wasn't around for CoO the first time around, but it has a bad rep so I guess I'll be able to find out for myself how bad it actually was. I like a lot of bad games so maybe I'll end up liking it. Probably not, but it's always possible.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • I think the only things that held vanilla D2, CoO, & Warminds back was the static rolls, double primaries, and just the negative sentiment towards the franchise at the time, thinking that the game would stay in that state. I don’t think narratively or gameplay wise they were bad. I’m sure if the whole thing would’ve released in the state of Forsaken that all three would be regarded differently.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

            • All the returning content will be new for me, but I'm excited for any and all new patrol zones.

              Posting in language:

               

              Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              1 Reply
              • At that stage I've only been playing D2 a couple of months (not played D1) and was enjoying the new game. I liked the gun models, armour was shite but Infinite forest for me, was good. I think what helped was not knowing the history of D2 as I was not on any forums or Twitter and just enjoyed the gun play.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • I honestly can’t remember. But it’s something different to do.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • Only good thing was colony, Tebesto, and SoS

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • Edited by Eazy-E: 9/26/2026 3:31:54 PM
                I'll be honest, nothing was good. Edit: radiant cliff map.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • The boss looks cool

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • The panoptes fight

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

              • I always thought they should’ve added Panoptes to something. Can’t wait to fight him again really. Would love to see it added in the vanguard tab somewhere.

                Posting in language:

                 

                Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                1 Reply
                • Edited by ForeverLaxx: 9/26/2026 10:30:23 AM
                  It came during a time where Destiny was struggling and it did nothing to turn that around. Their "more loot than ever for a public event" promise turned out be Two Tokens and a Blue. After that, people just walked away. There's a reason Destiny almost shut down after that update and Forsaken had to be made the way it was to bring people back. All of that said, I liked the look of the zones and the weapons. But the game can't survive off pretty graphics alone.

                  Posting in language:

                   

                  Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                  1 Reply
                  • If you think of it as a season and not an expansion (certainly not a proper yearly expansion as it dropped a few months after launch) then it's actually very good content and a lot came with it... raid, strike, map, events, puzzles, exotics etc. What it really suffered from was the appalling state of the sandbox at launch, the terrible token system they had in place at the time & that it really wasn't very rewarding for completing any of the events or missions in it. If it is updated to modern standards, T5 gear etc. I think it will be quite enjoyable and I look forward to playing it again.

                    Posting in language:

                     

                    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                    1 Reply
                    • Edited by Raven: 9/25/2026 7:49:15 PM
                      I don't think the content itself was that bad, just a bit repetitive. The game itself at that time , the meta, was just stale. I still rock my sagiras shell to this day.. I think it's one of the rarer ghosts in the game now.

                      Posting in language:

                       

                      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                      1 Reply
                      • [quote]It’s one of the least popular DLCs and it’s returning, so which parts are you going to play again? I loved seeing the contrast between present day Mercury, the golden age and a future apocalypse. I’ll replay the campaign just to see all that once more. I also remember enjoying the adventures on Mercury. I’ll revisit them. Not sure about the strike. I know it wasn’t one of my favourites. Maybe I’ll play it again to remind myself what it even was.[/quote] Strikes were great. Adventures too, but not much outside of that. I’m hoping they do bring all the adventures back, but who knows, might just be campaigns and destinations.

                        Posting in language:

                         

                        Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                        2 Replies
                        • Edited by NotCreative123: 9/25/2026 8:38:00 PM
                          Never played it or many of the other old campaigns, so it will be new for me

                          Posting in language:

                           

                          Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

                          1 Reply
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon