JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help - Destiny 2

Help us help you.
9/25/2026 6:43:41 AM
2

Banned account probably caused by security incident in June

Hello Bungie and Destiny 2 community, I am writing here because I have already submitted an official ban appeal, but I would like to explain my situation in more detail and hopefully have my case brought to the attention of the appropriate team. My Destiny 2 account was permanently banned shortly after my Steam account and PC were compromised. Before the ban, I experienced a serious security incident involving the theft of login credentials and other account information from my PC. I received multiple emails and security notifications regarding suspicious and unauthorized activity. My Steam account was also compromised, and I had to recover it a couple of days later. After recovering my Steam account, I immediately changed my passwords, enabled 2FA on my accounts, secured my PC and took additional steps to prevent any further unauthorized access. I have now recovered full control of all my accounts. The important point is that the Destiny 2 ban occurred shortly after this incident. I am therefore concerned that whatever suspicious activity resulted in the ban may have occurred while my credentials or PC were compromised and potentially without my knowledge. My account Id as shown on Bungie.net is "TakeOff#5820". I want to be completely clear: I have never knowingly used cheats, hacks, trainers, unauthorized software, automation or any other tool intended to gain an unfair advantage in Destiny 2. I have approximately 4,300 hours in Destiny 2, and this is an account that I have invested years of time and effort into. I have played this game legitimately for a very long time, which is why receiving a permanent ban under these circumstances has been extremely upsetting considering the fact that I wanted to play again knowing the game will now get more attention from Bungie. I understand and fully support Bungie's need to protect the integrity of the game and to take action against cheating. I am not asking Bungie to ignore its security systems or rules. I am simply asking for the circumstances surrounding my account to be reviewed in light of the documented security breach that occurred immediately beforehand. I have evidence of the compromise, including the original security emails and notifications showing suspicious activity. I am more than willing to provide any relevant information that could help establish the timeline. I have already submitted two official appeals and would sincerely appreciate it if someone could point me toward the appropriate channel or ensure that my case receives a proper manual review. I am not looking for special treatment. I am only asking for the opportunity to have my specific circumstances investigated. After 4,300 hours in Destiny 2, I really hope there is still a way to resolve this situation and return to the game I have spent so much time playing. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this.
English
#Help #pcsupport

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Hello there[url=https://tuxydoh.com/images/hi.gif],[/url] The forums are not able to assist with appeals of suspensions, restrictions or bans. Posting in the forums cannot assist you beyond linking you to the appeal and speculation. However, there is a process in place for players to appeal their ban or restriction. If you feel the ban was placed in error, feel free to review this [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Support/Troubleshoot?oid=48629]Page[/url], and submit the form at the bottom. If you have already submitted a ticket than you have done all that you can do. The appeal process will trigger a 2nd review of your situation and if the ban was incorrect it will be lifted, if found to be valid, it will remain. If more than 1-2 weeks have passed or your ticket is closed without contact, it is generally safe to assume that Bungie found the ban to be properly placed and will not be modified. Tickets are often left open as a method of tracking multiple submissions and is not represenative of if a ticket has been reviewed. [b]Multiple submissions, submitting inappropriate content, and/or abuse of this contact form may result in further account restrictions.[/b] Bungie will typically respond only if more info is needed or if the ban/restriction is altered. The form is for appeals only, they do not answer questions as to why or how long. [spoiler] Requests for additional information, such as the length of a restriction or reason for a ban, will be disregarded. https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049024492 [/spoiler] [i]Please note that while every appeal is reviewed by Bungie Security Staff, as mentioned in the article, there is no guarantee for a response, nor is there a guarantee that the ban or restriction will be overturned. [/i] [u]For more information on Bungie's policy regarding bans and restrictions, [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11929]please review the policy here[/url].[/u]

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    2 Replies
    • It doesn't matter who's actually used an account; Bungie bans the accounts (that break the rules), not the people. And account security is on the users.

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      3 Replies
      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon