JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help - Destiny 2

Help us help you.
Edited by juulmenthol: 9/25/2026 4:36:02 AM
1

Cross Save active characters not appearing on Steam

Hi, I'm having a strange Cross Save issue and I've already tried several troubleshooting steps. My PlayStation account is currently my Active Cross Save account. On the Bungie Cross Save page, it correctly shows my three PlayStation characters: Titan Hunter Warlock My Bungie Name is juulmenthol#0561. Epic Games works correctly. When I launch Destiny 2 through Epic, I get my three active PlayStation characters as expected. Steam does not. When I launch Destiny 2 through Steam, the game shows my correct Bungie Name (juulmenthol#0561), but instead of my active PlayStation characters, it loads an old Steam Titan. The Hunter and Warlock from my active character set aren't there at all. My Steam account has been linked to this Bungie account for quite a while; it was not just linked today. I simply hadn't tried playing Destiny through Steam until now. Bungie.net currently shows all of these accounts as linked: PlayStation: juulmenthol — Active Cross Save Epic: supashmeek — works correctly Steam: shmeek — loads old Steam Titan Xbox: dummyfreshguac The Steam account I'm actually launching Destiny 2 from is: Steam name: shmeek SteamID64: 76561198204863744 I've already confirmed that this is the Steam account I'm logged into and launching Destiny 2 from. Troubleshooting I've already tried: Completely signed out of Steam and signed back in Completely closed Steam/Epic/Destiny and tested them separately Launched through Epic and confirmed the correct PlayStation characters are there Immediately closed Epic and launched through Steam; Steam still showed the old Titan Cleared Steam's download cache Verified Destiny 2's game files Reset Destiny 2's CVARS/configuration file and allowed the game to generate a new one Confirmed Bungie.net still says Cross Save is SYSTEM ACTIVE Confirmed Bungie.net still lists PlayStation (Active) and displays the correct Titan, Hunter, and Warlock I have NOT deactivated Cross Save, deleted the old Steam Titan, or unlinked anything because I don't want to trigger the Cross Save cooldown or risk losing anything. Could BNGHelp please check the Cross Save configuration server-side and verify whether SteamID64 76561198204863744 is actually included in my active Cross Save configuration, rather than simply being linked to my Bungie.net profile? Since the same active PlayStation characters work correctly through Epic but not Steam, it seems like Steam may not actually be receiving the active Cross Save character set even though Bungie.net shows the Steam account as linked.
English
#Help

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Hi there, Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand you're having difficulty accessing your cross-saved characters when playing on Steam. While our records indicate your Steam account is linked to your Bungie account, it does not appear active in Cross Save. You should be able to rectify this in the [i]Cross Save[/i] section in your Bungie.net [i]Account Settings[/i]. For more information, please see our [url=https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/360049498031-Destiny-2-Cross-Save-Guide]Cross Save Guide[/url].

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon