I know what was confirmed, and what Paul Tassi said.
If Bungie is listening and taking feedback into consideration, then you can't simply ignore seasons and accept they are forever vaulted.
By all means, prioritize campaigns, destinations and raids. Make that the first step forward. But don't stop there.
Before you even attempt to continue the story forward, you have to fix the story experience first. A lot of people have mixed views on the importance of seasons. Seasons are what made Savathûn special as a villain. Seasons explained major plot points from what the Veil was, what happened to characters like Rasputin, Amanda, Eramis, Maya, even explaining what Echoes are. Without them, going from expansion to expansion is jarring for a newer player. It doesn't hit the same.
I understand that isn't remotely simple. I know that's a huge chunk of content. I get some seasons were not great. But using the very statement from the video, this was paid for content that never should have been taken away from us. It's integral to the Destiny experience. I'm not expecting this to happen in a timely manner, but I'm asking that this gets acknowledged by Bungie, and we get some level of assurance that we could see a future where new players and vets can play the full 10 years of the saga
-
Bring back pvp maps too
-
13 Replies[quote]I know what was confirmed, and what Paul Tassi said. If Bungie is listening and taking feedback into consideration, then you can't simply ignore seasons and accept they are forever vaulted. By all means, prioritize campaigns, destinations and raids. Make that the first step forward. But don't stop there. Before you even attempt to continue the story forward, you have to fix the story experience first. A lot of people have mixed views on the importance of seasons. Seasons are what made Savathûn special as a villain. Seasons explained major plot points from what the Veil was, what happened to characters like Rasputin, Amanda, Eramis, Maya, even explaining what Echoes are. Without them, going from expansion to expansion is jarring for a newer player. It doesn't hit the same. I understand that isn't remotely simple. I know that's a huge chunk of content. I get some seasons were not great. But using the very statement from the video, this was paid for content that never should have been taken away from us. It's integral to the Destiny experience. I'm not expecting this to happen in a timely manner, but I'm asking that this gets acknowledged by Bungie, and we get some level of assurance that we could see a future where new players and vets can play the full 10 years of the saga[/quote] They should really just recap the seasonal story in a cutscene rather than bringing back all of the seasonal content. A lot it was total slop and doesn’t deserve the effort required to return it.
-
2 RepliesI would think we are at least 3-5+ years away from the next chapter in Destiny. Wouldn’t mind seeing a background project where they bring back some of the old seasonal stuff. I have been hoping for so long to play Menagerie and Sundial again personally. I was taking a break during the time of Season of the Deep and the season they had the Dreadnaught. I still have no idea what happened story wise in that time. Would love to see it in game personally
-
Edited by BarStool: 9/27/2026 6:37:52 PMThey need to at least produce a shortened, condensed series of missions to explain a season and all relevant plot points, while also giving the players access to dialogue and information no longer available, like the “Ishtar Collective” but in game as opposed to a website. This is especially relevant for characters like Drifter and Eris who in spite of being important characters within select DLCs (Edge of Fate and Renegades for Drifter and anything Hive/Taken + Shadowkeep for Eris) also play pivotal and important roles throughout the Seasons. Season of the Drifter, Splicer, Arrivals, Haunted, Witch, and even into the Episodes with Heresy where it was arguably an even larger capstone to their stories than Renegades had been, though I still want to see more from Eris being my favorite character.