JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/24/2026 1:11:55 PM
1

Please Bring Destiny 2 to Mac

Dear Bungie Team, I am writing to you with a personal request that I believe is shared by many players in the Mac gaming community: Please consider making Destiny 2 officially playable on Macs powered by Apple Silicon, from the M1 through the latest M5 chips. Destiny 2 is a game I would genuinely love to play on my MacBook. Apple’s transition to its own silicon has completely changed what Macs are capable of. Since the introduction of the M1, Apple has released increasingly powerful generations of processors, and today’s M-series MacBook Pro models offer substantial CPU and GPU performance, excellent memory bandwidth, and remarkable power efficiency. Modern Apple Silicon Macs are no longer simply productivity machines. They are powerful computers capable of handling demanding professional applications and many modern AAA games. Unfortunately, Destiny 2 remains one of the major games that Mac users cannot officially enjoy. I believe bringing Destiny 2 to macOS could make a lot of sense for Bungie as well. Apple has created a very large installed base of Apple Silicon devices, with millions of Macs now running on the M1, M2, M3, M4, and M5 architectures. There is a growing Mac gaming community that is actively looking for major AAA titles that can be played natively and officially on their platform. Destiny 2 would be an especially interesting addition because of its long-term nature and strong community. A Mac version could give existing Mac users another way to enjoy the game while also introducing Destiny 2 to players who currently cannot access it because they do not own a Windows PC or console. There is also a clear interest within the Mac gaming community. Players regularly discuss ways of running Destiny 2 through Windows virtualization, compatibility layers, cloud gaming, and other workarounds. The fact that people are actively looking for ways to play Destiny 2 on their Macs shows how much interest there is in having official support. Of course, I understand that bringing a game as complex as Destiny 2 to another platform is not a simple task. Compatibility with anti-cheat technology, graphics APIs, drivers, performance optimization, and ongoing maintenance all have to be taken into consideration. Nevertheless, I would sincerely ask Bungie to explore what might be possible. Imagine being able to open a MacBook Pro with an M1, M2, M3, M4, or M5 chip, install Destiny 2 directly from Steam, log in, and simply start playing. No virtual machines. No compatibility layers. No cloud streaming. No workarounds. Just Destiny 2, officially supported on Mac. I believe this could be a great opportunity to expand the Destiny community and demonstrate that Bungie is willing to embrace a broader range of gaming platforms. Personally, I would be extremely happy to see Destiny 2 officially supported on my MacBook Pro. And I know I am not the only Mac user who feels this way. So my request to you is simple: Please consider bringing official macOS support to Destiny 2 for Apple Silicon Macs, including M1, M2, M3, M4, and M5. There is a passionate Mac gaming community waiting for more major games to arrive on the platform. I hope Bungie will consider giving us the opportunity to become part of the Destiny 2 community as Mac players as well. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my request and for everything you have continued to build with Destiny 2 and its community. Eyes up, Guardian. Kind regards, Krementin
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Believe getting games to run on Mac can be costly to start up. This is only based off a interview with a dev saying the cost between Mac and windows.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon