Semi-Recently I got a computer and downloaded Destiny. I used to play primarily on PS4 but since I got Destiny 2 on my computer (via Steam) I decided to enable Cross-Save and use my characters. However no matter what I did, it constantly asked me to create a new character as if I was new (yes, the PlayStation is the primary account). After redownloading the game, quadruple checking the cross save site, and waiting an hour+restarting my computer, Google tells me that in rare cases I'd need to go through with the Intro mission until I unlocked the character select screen, and then it'd unlock everything (didn't work). I'm at my wit's end here and was hoping someone knew what I was doing wrong and if I can fix this.
-
1 ReplyWhat name does it display on the character select screen, or if you're already on a character what does it show when you hover over your name on the roster (bottom of the tool tip will say Bungie Name then a name + #4 numbers) Is it 'IonLlama#7645' or something else? If its something else then you've linked a different Steam account than the one you're signing into. Steam allows multiple accounts per email and that causes some confusion when people don't realise they've created a secondary account. You can also check by signing out of Bungie.net and signing back in as Steam - use the same Steam name as your client is currently signed in as, you can see that name by going to Steam client -> click your name on the top right -> 'Account Details' will have a blue bit of text next to it which is what you would use on the Bungie.net sign in pop up. Once signed in - you'll either be brought into your current account - which will mean BNGHelp will likely need to look a bit into this or you'll be given the account creation/linking pop up which means its not the correct account. If its not the correct account, then you will need to sign into that Steam account in order to access your characters. You will not be able to remove the existing Steam link and change it for a different one as Bungie disabled account unlinking back in March 2025.