JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/23/2026 11:36:07 AM
1

An idea for Gambit

I want to start off this post by saying I love Gambit, it's fun as hell, I haven't played it in a while but that's besides the point. But one thing that always gets my goat, is how little risk comes with being the Invader. If you get shot without doing anything? Yeah your team misses you for a few minutes. Meanwhile you are maybe two kills away from making life a nightmare for the enemy team. So I propose this, and you guys, respectfully, tell me if I am wrong. Let's put a small risk on invasions: Let's say you invade during the bank phase, you tie 5 motes from your team's bank to the invasion, if you get clocked, your bank loses the motes, specifically 5 because you are still going in there 4v1, so it's not going to cripple you if you lose. Now let's say you invade during your Primeval Phase, well that's easy, if you get clocked, your Primeval gets healed. What do you guys think? Am I too far off or would this be something to consider?
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Personally, I’m fine with it as it is. I think losing a teammate while they invade makes a meaningful difference and wasting an invasion gives a chance for the other team to either catch up or pull ahead. Good teams usually squash invaders pretty quickly. Disjointed teams make a mess of it and that’s often where complaints about invaders being too powerful, or invasion not being risky enough, originate from. Other times you get invaders that are just too damn good. C’est la vie. Having said that, I was always in favour of different game modes for Gambit. We had Prime. We could have had Mayhem, Hardware, maybe other modes that shake up invasion and make it more risky. I hope we get to see more Gambit in the future. It has extremely high replay value. Just needs some love.

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    1 Reply
    You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon