My wish for the future, with a few steps to the past
Good day Guardians,
a lot of us heard the great news and to be honest, i can't stop being emotional.
I am so happy that Bungie is continuing their work and I hope to see any update on that, hopefully soon. Good luck, because it will take a lot of time and effort, but.. you clearly have a community, that does care far beyond what you need to succeed.
I am also so proud of all the Guardians, that never stopped believing in their game, who never backed down and fought for their home, and I hope to see many that did change their mind so we could all meet again in the stars.
That being said.
I have a little plead from myself.
I started playing D1 on PS and was never good at it at the time. But I saw right away, that I am experiencing something special. Later, me and my partner started playing D2 when it launched on PC, so Shadowkeep, and we loved it (not talking about the expansion, but the whole package). It took a while but I talked my brother into playing with us, right after season of Dawn. He is a great player, but he is shy and won't easily try a new game, ecpecially game with this scope. After some arguing I managed to finaly play with him and he loved it.
The activity that resonated with him the most was Forge. He liked the weapons and he carried them with pride until they were sunset. When sunsetting hit, he was devastated, like many others, maybe a little more. He didn't want to see the new grind for the new shiny, because he felt robbed of his time, effort and most importanty his beloved loot.
He did not stopped playing however and he found a new way to fill his arsenal. I know it's a touchy subject and personally I get both sides, but Crafted weapons were a great addition to the game, atleast in our opinion. He had a purpose to grind, boxes to check and a guaranteed loot at the end, that was exactly by his design and with the rolls that he wanted. But, yet again, crafted loot didn't last. He did not felt robbed this time, but he felt left behind, because no new crafted weapons were coming to the game. Final Shape was his last expansion, but he never stopped logging in, only the spark was gone.
I am not saying this to point any fingers, what was done is done. But if you have the means to add back with the unvaulting other activities something more (besides campaigns, raids and locations), seasons and their contents would be greatly appreciated, in any form.
I do realize that adding whole seasonal contents would be too much and that the destinations would be filled to the brim with random stuff, but it could be instanced like dungeons, for example. Mainly seasonal activities and their respective loot tables, idealy in their new, revisited and crafted form.
I do think that seasons carry a lot of interesting lore that is missing as well as the campaigns. It would be realy hard to implement everything and I get it. But when we talk about D2, we don't talk only about the campaigns and raids. They have their right to be in a game, that is for sure and they should never have been removed from the game, not only because of the newlights.
Menagerie, Sundial, Wrathborn Hunts, Battlegrounds, Seraph tower and of course Forge, just to name a few. Their loot returned to the game in a later date, but the cycle repeated itself far too much and returning loot felt a little bitter, because when we grind it now, we already knew, that we were going to grind it again in like 2 years and again and again. Crafted loot from older seasons could change that. It is not the new shiny and the next best thing (like new expansions and raids), that loot does not need to be crafted as well. But this loot could be. Newlights should grind it, because it will bump them up and veterans that already have it could receive refreshed perk tables every few years, just to keep those weapons good and ready, if they want them.
My main thing is, that there are guardians, that like to grind for something that they want and they want to limit RNG in a way. When they have it, they feel safe and on top of their game. I the end it is not about the weapon, it is about the guardian that wields it, so please, let the guradian decide, what weapon to bring into the new raid, either the newest bestest, or a oldie but a goodie.
I am a Hunter, my partner is a Warlock and my brother is a Titan in game, but to me even in life, so please consider him and others like him, when you plan your next steps. You don't need to be the top dog, that clears the new raid day one to be a guardian.
Thank you so much for your time, I know it was a lot to read, but I just had to let you know, that our light never stopped shining for you.
Per audacia ad astra, you absolute legends.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.
7 Day Ban
7 Day Ban
30 Day Ban
Permanent Ban
This site uses cookies to provide you with the best possible user experience. By clicking 'Accept', you agree to the policies documented at Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
Accept
This site uses cookies to provide you with the best possible user experience. By continuing to use this site, you agree to the policies documented at Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
close
Our policies have recently changed. By clicking 'Accept', you agree to the updated policies documented at Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.
Accept
Our policies have recently changed. By continuing to use this site, you agree to the updated policies documented at Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.